Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No dog for us...

Okay so I am house sitting for my friends who's house I am staying at and it is going GREAT all except the dog POOP! I can feed the dogs, give them water, and take care of the plants but picking up the dog poop is a different story. After breakfast this morning I headed out the door to feed the dogs and clean up after them and i got step one done but was unable to complete step two! I was gagging and though my breakfast was going to come up. i am in the house and tried to figure out what the heck I was going to do. That is when I sent a text to my wonderful Mormon brother begging him to please help me pick up the dog poop and that I in return would cook him dinner or take his family out to dinner. He said he would do it for me and I am soooo grateful.

Zach told me to try mind over matter but it isn't working for me. I have changes enough stinky poops in my life that you would think I could manage but I can't do it! It is pretty pathetic I know but I have no bonds whatsoever with these dogs.

Needless to say our poor children will never have a DOG!

2 comments:

lindsy said...

ew, ew, I wouldn't do it either =)

Abby said...

I don't think I can handle a dog either. I can't believe you are here for a WHOLE month by yourself...you are a very brave girl. I wish I wasn't on bedrest I am sure the kids would have sooo much fun together!!!