Friday, January 23, 2009

160...

160 is the most fabulous number on the planet today!!! I am on cloud nine in la la land! 160 is the number on beats per minute that my babies heart was beating today! My appointment isn't until Feb 3rd but after many dreams and worries I asked the nurse if I could please come in for a reassurance check and she agreed to it. It took her a while to find it (she kept finding mine) but once she did it was beautiful. From this day forward I will no longer be a paranoid freak and I can finally REALLY believe that we truly will have a fabulous baby this summer! I can't wait until Feb 23rd to find out what the little critter has between it's legs! Zach was suppose to be able to go with me so he could stay in the car with the kids, but instead he was in Madison and I was at the Dr. with all three of the kids. I'm sure people thought I should be there to get and IUD, but when we came out of the appointment. and Zander said, "Mommy I heard your babies heartbeat everyone in the waiting room knew otherwise!" The kids were fabulous and thought watching me try to pee in a cup was pretty exciting! Zander said, "Mommy why are you writing you name on it?" and "What are they going to do with your pee?" Got to love all the curiosity!!! I am only imagine the questions that are to come...

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That's awesome, Darcy. Congratulations! And so funny about all your kids being there. :)

lindsy said...

that's really nice that the nurse did it just for reassurance. seriously that's the hardest thing to wait for ... to see if there is still a heartbeat the next time. so YEAH! How funny that my appointment to find out what it is is the same day as yours :)

Brandi said...

That's great Darcy. I'm so glad that all is going well and the baby is healthy. You're such a great mom...way to stay positive. Hope all is well otherwise. I can't wait to hear what you're having. Take care and find some time to rest a little! Miss you!
-Brandi