Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Great day!

Today was AWESOME!!! There is nothing better than hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time!!! Dr G said to me, "I will try and see if we hear the heart beat but you are really early, I normally don't try to hear in until around 10 or 11 weeks." I am 8 w 6 d along. So she put the cold jelly on my belly and gave it a try. It took her about 30 seconds which felt like 10 years to find it, but once she did it was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was super fast so she said that was GREAT and that I should be safe since we heard the heartbeat, but she couldn't promise me that everything would be ok, but she felt good about it! I think the stats are sometime like once you hear the heartbeat you only have about a 5% chance of losing the baby. I am hoping that our last baby was the 5% and not this one too. I felt like someone lifted 1000 pounds off my shoulders while I was walking out of of the building. So only 4 more weeks of worrying and then everything should be good after that next appointment. I am so EXCITED! I am kind of starting to finally believe that just maybe this one might be for real! After losing the baby I have a hard time actually believing that this pregnancy is for real and that a baby will actually come from this. That I won't just gain some weight, feel like crap for 10 weeks and then nothing to show for it except 3 ultrasound pictures of what looked like a perfect 8 w baby.

Side note: Lissie just came down the stairs with her stroller and baby doll wearing her SNOWSUIT!!!! I asked why she is wearing it and she said, "Because I want to!" I guess if she wants to she is more then welcome to wear it. She is so PRECIOUS!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

YEA!!! What exciting news!

We waited for like 4 months before we told people we were prego with Bella for the same reason. I kept expecting the worst.

I'm so happy for you guys!

Megan said...

Yay!

lindsy said...

that seriously is the best sound.
I just had my 14 wk appointment yesterday and it took her a while to find the heartbeat, I was worried, but then she found it. Strong and 160 bpm. It is a huge relief
Hope you're feeling okay and CONGRATULATIONS

Lauren said...

So glad it went well and you heard the heartbeat! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

AnnaMarie said...

That's great, Darcy. :) Missing you.

Renée and Jaime said...

Hi Darcy, it's Renee (Schmidt) Lopez. I found your blog on Aubrey and Robert's. It is so good to see that you and your family is doing great. Congratulations on your pregnancy. We started a blog recently: www.reneeandjaimelopez.blogspot.com