Monday, March 16, 2009

Many updates...

Allissa Zoey will officially turn THREE on wed March 18th! On Sat. we had a little party for her at my parents house with just family. I made some yummy food, we opened presents, did the cake and ice cream thing and them came home! I think everyone had a great time. My sister and mom went all out with the baby doll and gear diaper bag, moses basket, wipes/changing pad, baby food, toothbrush/toothpaste and more. She has been in heaven ever since! Her baby doll came with a carrier so she can strap the baby too her just like I will. As you can see from the picture above I am not a cake decorator in any way but it is the thought that counts right????


Allissa didn't seem to mind that the cake looked horrible!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today at preschool the had a St. Patrick's day party. They got to wear leprechaun ears and go on a scavenger hunt for the pot of gold! The leprechaun even came and dyed the milk GREEN!!

Zander didn't want to model his ears for the picture but finally I convinced him to do it!


The "grump" enjoying the nice SPRING weather! He loves to swing and I love it because I get to hear him say, "mommy push me...please!" And then a sweet, "THANK YOU" when I do!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it was time for one of our morning baths before preschool after getting pancakes for breakfast. Zach never wants our children to be "that kid who always smells like syrup!" So off to the bathroom we go...Zander and Allissa quickly undress and hop in the tub while I am taking off Brody's shirt getting him ready to get in. To my surprise he had a nasty POOP so I had to stop what I was doing and run around the house looking for our wipes! If only I put them back where they go each time I wouldn't have to look! While I was searching Brody was anxious to get in and started trying to take off his pants. When I found the wipes I also I find him like this and I had to find the camera!

By the time I changed him it was one BIG mess all down his legs!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Allissa's birthday Zach and I decided to get he a big girl bike and helmet! She is still learning how to ride it but is getting better every day!


I had to do some major zooming in to get this picture. Zach and Brody were really far behind so against Brody's will he got put in the stroller with his tricycle in the basket.


Every girl needs a baby doll on her back to go for a ride right?


We have gone for a walk the past two nights as a family! I love going on walks with Zach and the kids. When the weather is not horrible we like to try and go for a walk every night for quality "talking time" and some exercise. I can't wait until we have consistent nice weather!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a nice day we like to ride bikes on the driveway while Zach is at work. Because we have no sidewalks there is no way to go on a real bike ride with all the kids by myself so we stay on the driveway or in the garage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allissa's very first PONYTAIL!!!! It is not great but I can do it!

Isn't it just too cute?!?!?!

I love her cute profile!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of our new traditions is Popsicle's in the tub! The kids love to eat them and I HATE the mess afterwards so what is the SOLUTION??
Eat them in the tub!
This was our Family Home Evening Night! We learned the 2nd Article of Faithh and had a treat all in the tub. We even sang I am a child of God for our opening song! It was almost bedtime so we combined all we need to do for the night and turned bath time into FHE! The kids loved it and so did we!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moments like these make all the hard work worth it! I love seeing them all together having a great time!! They we watching a movie on the portable DVD player. Brody got up shortly after this picture but while it lasted it was too cute! I just love these three more then I could ever imagine!

Wow that was a long post! Sorry! I need to update more!

5 comments:

The Bostons said...

Great post- I love it! I am glad you are all healthy again! And lots of smiles... :)

AnnaMarie said...

Nice pics, Darcy. The cake looks great, and I love the ponytail! How cute that Allissa has her dolly with all the fun stuff. Just like you will! :)

Lila said...

Your kids are so cute!

Sandi Wells said...

Lots of good pictures.

H. said...

Wow, what a fun idea for FHE,a nd popsicles in the tub. Very cool. Can't wait for the snow to melt so we can enjoy those evening walks again!!