Tuesday, October 28, 2008

11:30 PM is not the time for conversation with a three year old...

We can't sleep tonight so we are up talking in our bed. Well, Zander wanted to join the conversation. Although I am not sure he was entirely coherent... it went like this, literally moments ago...
"I don't want to go trick-or-treating"
So I said, in my most authoritative voice, (Zach writing, by the way) "You will go trick-or-treating and you will get candy, that is what you do at Halloween!"
"NO, I don't want to!" comes the reply from Zander's bedroom accross the hall.
"Yes, you will!" I say.
"But, I don't want to be scary." comes the reply, half asleep and trailing off at the end.
"You will be scary, that is your job!"
"But I don't want to be scary, I don't want to scare the other people."
Well, by this point we are laughing our brains out as quietly as possible. As more incoherent mumbling came from the general direction of our reluctant scarer we laughed and laughed.
It's wonderful to hear what kids have to say, isn't it?

4 comments:

lindsy said...

that is hilarious. I love it when they start talking in their sleep. I've never been able to understand what mine are talking about though =)

H. said...

How funny! Thanks for sharing. Happy Halloween!

Holli said...

That pretty funny stuff :)

Unknown said...

That's so hilarious! Your kids truly are way cute! We had fun last night!