Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lissie's new dress!

Just so you know there are two new posts today. I don't know how to do two post in the same day without it being two separate ones??? If you know how, feel free to fill me in!
Today my brother Todd and his new wife Robin got married. It was a very nice, intimate wedding at the Lutheran church that my parents go to. Pastor Dave did a wonderful job and it was beautiful. Todd has 2 kids from a previous marriage Gabe, 9 and Spencer, 7. Robin has two kids from a previous marriage Josh,8 and Jenna, 6. After the ceremony they did a sand ceremony were each of the two parents and 4 kids had a vial of sand and they all took turns pouring the sand in to one big vial to represent them coming together as one family. It was pretty neat and brought tears to my eyes...not that that is hard to do these days.

Since they got married today, of course, Lissie need a beautiful dress to wear. During preschool on Friday I cut out all the pieces to make the dress and then after I picked Zander up from school I started to sew. It took me about 4 hours total from start to finish. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way it turned out!!! I used the pattern that you can buy on the website http://www.youcanmakethis.com/ it is the peasant dress pattern. I just love that website!!!!! Anyways, all I can say is, creating new clothes for Lissie is a BLAST!!! It seems, the more I do it the faster I get at it, so that is nice. The fabric I used is Farmers market by Sandi Henderson. She is an LDS fabric designer and Micheal Miller prints her fabric. I am sooooo excited to get the patterns that I bought from her when they get printed. She created about 4 to die for patterns so when I get them I will create cute clothes and dresses with them and show them all to you! In total this dress cost me about 10 maybe 12 dollars. If I were to buy it on ebay or at a boutique it would cost me around 100.00 dollars. The flower headband was a last minute creation before we headed out the door because I ran out of time and didn't make a matching bow.

Allissa modeling the dress! It is so hard to get a good shot of her.
Side view
Up close
Allanna(4), Allissa(2), and their new cousin Jenna(6). Aren't they so cute!
Gabe, my brother Todd and his new wife Robin! The was at the end of the day after all the guest left.

2 comments:

Aubrey Leong said...

Thats it! I am mailing you fabric and money and you can be my personal seamstress!!

Holli said...

cute i love every thing you make. Your awsome.