Tuesday, June 16, 2009

From girl to DINOSAUR...

So yesterday Allissa was playing at the neighbors house and she fell off he bike. She bump her noodle and got a bruise on the side of her forehead. We iced it and then she was right back out the door for more fun. When she came back for dinner she had a little red mark in between her eyes. I didn't think anything about it and Zach fed the kids, bathed them and put them to bed. When I got her up in the morning she had a goose egg on her forehead and her left eye was swollen. I went to playgroup and it started to spread to her right eye. After playgroup I went to my parents house and the first thing my sister says is, "You really need to get that looked at." So I packed her up and headed to the urgent care at my moms work. After 3 facial x-rays to rule out any broken bones (there were none) the first doctor brought in another doctor for a second opinion. She examined it and said for the amount of swelling she has she would probably have a bigger abrasion on her head. After talking back and forth they decided that it was probably an allergic reaction to a bug bite. She has a slight red dot between her eyes. They got the idea from the bug bite on her arm that was red and a little swollen. Here is what my dinosaur princess looks like...

We had to go grocery shopping tonight and I was slightly embarrassed to take her out! Hopefully with the allergy medicine the swelling will go down by the morning if not they want me to take her to see the pediatrician. It is so weird to look at your daughter and not really recognize her.

4 comments:

Autumn&Nettie said...

Poor Girl!!

lindsy said...

oh, poor little girl. at least it was a bug bite though and not something broken!!

Marci said...

Yikes!!! I swear, she puts you through the ringer, doesn't she? We're having fun in MN, and will be home next Wednesday. Hope you don't have to do anything more to get your princess back to normal :)

Natalie said...

I was wondering how that all turned out. I didn't notice it when I saw you at Target. Is it all better?