Friday, April 27, 2012

Saturday at the beach

On Saturday morning we woke up and got our morning responsibilities done and then we decided to head do to the beach!!! It was absolutely beautiful in thousand oaks as well as the drive over and through the canyon to Malibu. When we were about 1/2 mile from the beach it got overcast and  we were bummed!!! We decided to stay anyway and we were glad we did. The sun tried so hard to break through the clouds all day but it didn't quite succeed. It was still warm enough that the kids had a blast running and playing in the water. Before we came home Zach took the three older kids two coves over to the blow hole which they always enjoy doing. Carleigh and I stayed back with our stuff and chilled in the sand. While we were there we saw a sea otter, and two whales. They looked like humpback whales. It is soooooo crazy how close to the shore they come, especially the sea otter. We packed a picnic lunch and ate there. We played a little soccer and Zach and Zander play catch. Brody asked me to bury him in the sand so that was fun for me to do. It reminded me of my childhood days at the beach. Zach did take pictures of the event but they are not going to be seen on this blog!!!!  All in all it was a fabulous family day at the beach!!!



 Carleigh doing what she does best at the beach if the sun is not out. She loves to lay her towel down and chill!!!





 Man this picture just makes me smile!!! I love seeing how close they are!!! It is hard at times having them all so close together but when I see this picture it all seems worth the effort!!!!




Here is evidence that the kids were not at the beach alone, but that we were actually there.

4 comments:

Wells Family said...

I love all the blogging you are doing! Keep it up! I too LOVE that picture of the 3 older kids together, they are all so beautiful! What a fun day.

AnnaMarie said...

So jealous of all the beach time you're having! Can't wait until like August when it's warm enough to go to our MN "beaches" :) Pretty sure we won't see any sea otters or whales.

And, belly shot! :)

The Gray Gang said...

You're cute Darcy!!! I'm jealous of your beach adventures in April! We have our heat on!

Sandi Wells said...

It's so weird to see you at Leo Carrillo, (my Beach) without me. Your pic of you and Zach is cute, but has Zach started drinking.j/k