Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!!


So far this Mother's Day has been exciting! It started with all three of the kids in bed with Zach and I. Then we moved onto the living room to open gifts. Zander was so excited to finally be able to give me my mother's day gift! He brought it home from school about a week ago. Every day he kept asking is it mother's day yet? Can you open the present? It is a person plate!!! See the eye and the nose?? I asked him to show me the mouth and he said it doesn't have one yet...he wants to go get a marker and draw one on!!! After presents we figured we better started getting ready for church. I laid out all the kids clothes so Zach could get them dress. While I was doing that Allissa decided to trip and fall hitting her head on the corner of the dresser drawer :0( I think the picture below will finish the rest of the story...





Off to Children's Hospital they we went again! Zach stayed home with the boys and Lissie and I went for a ride. She did pretty good at first but during the stitches she went crazy. The doctor through since she was so calm and quite that we could probably get away without oral sedation just the topical numbing cream. They had me lay down on the bed and Lissie lay on top of me with her led between mine and I hugged her really tight so she couldn't move her arms. A "patient care helper" held her head still. All I can say is boy does she have some lungs and I am soooooooo glad I did not work out my arms at the gym yesterday! The Dr. thought she need three stitches but with all the screaming she did during the stitching she decided to only do two. Now her and Zander are twins with matching scares! I am thinking we should have budgeted more then 3 ER visit for the year in our flex spending account. It is the middle of May and we have already used 2 of them :0( On the way home she feel asleep and is still fast asleep. I think she wore herself out. It is almost 2 and e got home at 11:30.

3 comments:

lindsy said...

Holy cow! I was wondering where you guys were today. Hope everything heals up okay ... and happy mother's day!

Abby said...

stiches no fun....but I am glad she took it so well. Happy Mothers Day!!

H. said...

Happy Mother's Day Darcy! What's a good Mother's Day without a trip to the ER??? Poor Lissy!