Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's time!

So tomorrow I am heading back to the gym! I took a 2 week leave that started with Brody having a runny nose and then I got out of that habit. It is pathetic that it takes me a week and a half to convince myself to go back. The gym is such a funny thing for me. I have a hard time getting there mentally but once I get there I am fine, in fact I like it. I think that is how most people are. However, for me I know that the gym is necessary, especially in the winter. When the leaves started to turn and Zander went back to school I headed back to the gym. I went for about a month a few days a week before I took my 2 week leave.

Here are the reasons I need to go back...

1. A few days into my 2 week break I was in the bathroom and overheard a conversation between Allissa and Zander.

"Zander why is mommy being so crabby?" says Allissa in the cutest voice ever.

"I don't know." he replies

Well, I do know why, and the reason is because I didn't get any endorphins at the gym.

Of course I didn't tell my kids that I was crabby because I didn't go to the gym I told them it was because they wouldn't sit at the table and eat their food.

When a 2.5 year old notices that mommy is crabby it is time to go back to the gym!

2. Going to the gym gives me a 2 hour break from the kids and allows me some thinking time. I think ever mom out thre agrees with me on the much needed break from the kids.

3. I gained five pounds while I was pregnant and I would like to loss it before I am with child again. I will be completely fine and ecstatic if I am blessed to be pregnant again before I loss the five pounds! However, I can't not try to loss the five pounds because what if it takes me months to get pregnant again.

4. Lastly, going to the gym keeps my brain HAPPY!!! In the past two weeks I have really felt more depressed and I don't want that to happen.

4 comments:

lindsy said...

I need to do the same thing for the same reasons! My neighbor has even offered to watch the boys for me whenever I'd like to get out by myself

Megan said...

Yay, Darcy! I wish we could go together too. It really does just make you feel better, doesn't it? See you Thursday.

H. said...

So true. I just started a regular exercise pattern again and I can so feel the difference! Have fun at the gym!

Holli said...

Im there too. I know excersize makes you feel so much better. id be your gym buddy if we lived close by each other it helps if your doing it with some one. miss you too!!