Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Celebrations...

This is what our house looked like the morning of Christmas Eve! Zach stopped to take a picture on our way to breakfast!


Since this is probably our last Christmas here in Wisconsin we decided to spend it with my family. We talked about opening presents at home Christmas morning, but decided since it might be our last opportunity to be with my family Christmas morning we went over there. It was CRAZY, fun, exciting, every kids dream as always!!! On Christmas eve we had our 4 course meal as always and then, for the first time, this year the kids opened all the presents from Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles. It helped tame down Christmas morning a bit, but not a ton. All the kids were so excited to get some new outfits and a few toys. Brody was adorable ripping open the package. I think it helps having older siblings because it seemed like he totally got it. We got home at about 11pm and then put the kids to bed. Zach was tracking SANTA on his computer all evening so before Zander could go to bed we had to see where SANTA was. We woke up Christmas morning with both ZANDER and ALLISSA in our bed like we do almost every morning. Any ideas how to break this habit??? I slept with my parents until I got married...I think we are in for it!!!


Zach commented on this being the first Christmas that we didn't have a new addition to the family since we started having kids. That isn't entirely true because Zander was born 5 days before Christmas and Allissa wasn't born the next year. I love my little family and I feel so blessed to have three so far and hopefully 4 little miracles in my life! Every birth is truley a miracle just like the brith of our savior Jesus Christ!
This year we bought our first nativity set, it's from Sam's club. It looks like little Precious Moments but not that brand. While I took a nap Zach and the kids played out the Birth of our Savior. It was so cute to wake up to Zander's excitement about it. They used the fisher price red barn for the stable it was so SWEET! Zach asked Zander where Baby Jesus would sleep in the barn and he said, "In the hay!" So the manger was place on the yellow hay pile in the barn!



So hard to get a good one



Allissa and Brody on the piano bench at my parents house Christmas Eve



Allissa with her cousin Jenna they are two months apart. The two of them together equals trouble!



Brody ripping into his package. It was so cute to watch him!

Allissa and Zander in our bed Christmas morning! Zach woke them up to open their stocking! It is impossible to get a good one of all three of them.All the presents Christmas morning!

Darcy, Zach and Mara my second to youngest sisterZander with his new planet heroes.

Small group shot Christmas morning, missing lots of the kids :(

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Holy Presents! Looks like a LOT of fun!

Jen I said...

Cute Christmas jammies. I need to find some cute ones for next year. But um, I'm still not getting past the you slept with your parents until you were MARRIED part?!???

Abby said...

I don't know how you do the sleeping with the kids thing....I would not be able to sleep.

Last Christmas in Wisconsin? Wheere are you going?? And I love your family Christmas photo. Your hair is gorgeous!!

Holli said...

cute pic's!