Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update...kind of graphic

Well, I made it through alive so that is good. Not to say without some embarrassing moments. I went to the doctors at 10:15 to get the medication put in. At 1:11 my water broke. At 2:45 it all started. At about 6:30ish I got out of bed because I needed to go to the bathroom. When I got up I had MAJOR blood loss. Zach was dealing with the kids and I yelled for him because I was really hot and wanted to rest on him. When I was resting on him I started to feel like I was going to pass out so I took off my clothes to cool down. I remember Zach saying, "Darc keep talking to me" and looking up and it getting all blurring. Aparantly, Zach picked me up off the toilet, set me on the floor, and called 911. The next thing I remember is waking up looking at lights and a mirror. I was so lost it took me a while to figure out were the heck I was. Zach had to tell me I was on the bathroom floor and I could hear the 911 dispatcher on speaker phone. The next thing I hear are the sirens and then I started bawling because my house was a mess and I was naked on my bathroom floor with they exception of my "undershirt" and bra. Remember I got hot so I took off all my clothes to cool down!!!! Note to self, don't do that again! They made sure I was stable and then took me to Wheaton Fransican Hospital, the new one on 27th. It is great by the way. The staff were awesome. After a liter of fluid, blood work, pelvic exam to help get the rest of the contents out, and an ultrasound we got the go ahead to come home. Because it is a Catholic hospital they will take the "contents" and bury them in Racine. They don't just throw it away so that made me feel a little better. The ultrasound came back perfect, meaning everything that needed to come out did so that was a relief. I would just die if I had to have a D&C on top of all this. I opted for this because it would be way cheaper then the surgery but after all this I am not so sure that will be the case.

I am feeling WAY better today. I still get dizzy when I stand up but my stomach feels awesome! I guess one good thing that came from this is my stomach came back without having to diet for 6 months. Another thing I now know what it feels like to have my water break that has never happened before and I GOT to have ice chips at the hospital...they are my FAVORITE!!!!! I am feeling good emotionally at this point and I am just so grateful for my three perfect, healthy and beautiful babies! It was comforting to come home from the hospital and get to snuggle my babies. Zander and Allissa were freaked out a little bit by this if you can imagine...when I talked to Zander he said mommy are you feeling any better now. He was so sweet. Allissa gave me the biggest smile ever when she saw me and brody just wanted to snuggle me. He was neglected by me all day. I sure missed them.

Thanks for all the love and support from everyone we really appreciate it!!!!

3 comments:

lindsy said...

holy cow! I can't believe you had to go through all of that. thank goodness for husbands ... and 911 people who are probably used to seeing stranger things =) glad you're back home. take a break and get to feeling okay again!

The Bostons said...

I am so glad everything is ok! I think about you and hope everything is well. :)
Enjoy your Friday home with Zach!

Wells Family said...

Sorry to hear about the miscarraige. I am glad to that you are doing better now. We love you lots, and miss you a ton.